Wednesday 20 July 2011

Drums Between Bells - Brian Eno and The Words of Rick Holland


This is actually the first time I have heard of Brian Eno and Rick Holland, so I was a bit curious of what kind of ambient/chillout album they composed here with "Drums Between Bells". I had not heard or found a cool, calm and relaxing album in a long time, so when I went looking at BBC I found this one and it awaken my interest? Sort of anyway.
It took me a while to grasp the concept of the sounds and the poetry recital that went on when the music was being played. Some tracks where very strange to me, but I enjoyed it anyway because I am a sucker for these type of genre. It was interesting hearing the words of Rick Holland float in the mist of the rhythm and melodies.Sometimes it was cool and I could hardly notice him/her (I heard a female voice at time too), but at times I found it annoying especially if the track was too weird for my liking.
But overall It was a good album for it's genre something that would suit an older generation I presume. So if you like ambient/chillout music then Drums Between Bells is worth your while otherwise it is just garbage for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment